Lung Cancer Surgery at the Best of HandsBy OshinPosted On 09-Aug-2017
One of the most common types of cancer, lung cancer has claimed many lives in the past few years. It is known to be mainly caused due to increased level of pollution and smoking. Some of the manifestations of lung cancer include a persistent cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and fatigue.
Lung cancer surgeries are an important treatment technique for lung cancer. Also known as thoracotomy, it involves the procedure of opening up the chest cavity to gain the access towards the lungs. The ribs are spread apart with the help of a small incision made at the side of the chest to remove the cancerous growths in the lungs.
The surgery procedure might include the removal of a small part of the lungs or the entire lungs. Lung cancer surgeries include procedures for the following: -
* For conducting biopsy on an unidentified growth
* Lungs relocate
* As a part of lobectomy to remove lobes of lungs
* As a part of pneumonectomy for confiscating the lungs
* To prevent reoccurrence or build up of fluid in lungs
* For eliminating blood in chest hole
* As part of slice resection
Different Types of Lung Cancer Surgeries
The different types of lung surgeries carried out to accomplish the above-mentioned functions are as follows: -
* Segmentectomy and wedge resection – this procedure involves the removal of cancerous cells from the lungs
* Lobectomy – the right lung consists of three and the left of two lobes. The process of lobectomy involves the removal of the affected lobes.
* Pneumonectomy – this procedure is conducted when the entire lungs are affected by the cancerous growth and involve the removal of the entire lung.
* VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery) – a minimally invasive alternative to the conventional open thoracic surgery, the procedure helps in conducting various surgical procedures without having to open up the chest area.
Dr. Kuldeep Chulliparambil, top heart surgeon in Kochi offers the best treatment procedures in heart health through his cardiac associates’ initiative at Renai Medicity.
Visit Us : heartsurgeonindia.com
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org